Anhydrous Ammonia – the NOx reduction reagent of choice
Anhydrous Ammonia has advantages over ammonia solution and urea when lower NOx emissions are required. With proper storage, correct handling and understanding of the product, this reagent can be safely used.
Anhydrous Ammonia is undiluted Ammonia. It can be used directly with selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR) and selective catalytic reduction SCR systems either in the gaseous form (most common) or it can be injected in the liquid state. Anhydrous Ammonia is usually stored under pressure (5-10 bar) or it can be stored at atmospheric pressure if kept at -33°C.
Why choose anhydrous ammonia as your SCR/SNCR NOx reduction reagent?
For control of NOx, Yara recommends the use of Ammonia, where possible because of the advantages it has over alternative options. It:
- Offers highest efficiency and lowest transport cost because it contains 100% reactive component.
- Reduces the tendency of formation of nitrous oxide and forms less carbon monoxide.
- Is more effective than urea in high temperature SNCR systems.
- Lessens the probability of fouling and corrosion in equipment downstream of the injection point.
- Avoids the leakage issues with Urea solution that lead to white salt precipitates giving an ageing look to your equipment.
Why choose Yara to supply Anhydrous Ammonia?
Yara is a world leader in supply and safe transport of Ammonia in different states, producing over 7 million tons in 2016.
Most of our Ammonia is made from natural gas, the cleanest hydrocarbon source available.
Yara has been dealing with Ammonia for over a century, and we have an exemplary safety record, as safety is at the heart of all our operations. We are also happy to share our safety expertise with our customers.
Safe and reliable deliveries
Anhydrous ammonia transport methods include:
- Tank truck
- Vessel / barge
Safety services for Ammonia used in NOx control systems
Ammonia is the ultimate, cost-efficient SNCR and SCR reagent, and safe when handled correctly.
To ensure that best-practice safety is maintained from production to consumption, we train our own people and contractors extensively, If your staff need training on ammonia storage and handling, we can answer all your questions and organize training sessions.
You can get expert training or advice on a number of different safety related services, such as:
- Operator safety training or guidance
- Manager level guidance and advice related to ammonia safety regulations, accident prevention, accident potential determination, and what to do if the unthinkable happens
- Pre-delivery site inspections, Ammonia delivery pre-requisites
- Ammonia site safety assessment and recommendations
- Ammonia safety guidance to customers during HESQ systems development and maintenance
- Pre-audit or authority inspection preparations advice related to Ammonia safety
Inventory management and telemetry services for reagents
You can manage, and in some cases optimize, your SNCR and SCR reagent logistics with Yara's telemetry solution.
Increase supply security
Your telemetry system triggers a delivery order when your predefined level is met. All telemetry orders are automatically delivered, securing your supply, direct to you where you need it. But you can still be involved in the telemetry process, if required, so that you remain in control at all times.
Simplify reagent ordering and stock management
Get an effective supply planning tool that enables your reagent to be supplied on automatic request. This gives you an improved intervention capability via a fully transparent system, which also provides you with a complete overview of your stock levels and trends 24/7.
Increase data management control
Benefit from tank level monitoring, to data collection and transfer, to a user friendly web-based monitoring system, which can be accessed from your process computers, office computers or smart-phones and tablets – all installed by Yara as part of our telemetry package.
NOx control reagent storage solutions
If you need storage solutions for your NOx reduction reagents – Ammonia, Ammonia Solution and Urea Solution – we can help you with the design, build and upgrade of storage facilities. This can be as part of your SNCR, SCR or hybrid system installation, or as a stand-alone storage tank solution.
NOx control reagent optimization services
To ensure that your current reagent usage is as efficient and cost-effective as possible, we can make an optimization assessment of your current usage.
If your reagent situation changes, we can recommend and deliver, standardized or customized, NOx reduction reagent storage solutions and internal site distribution solutions to your NOx control installations.
NOx reduction reagent storage services include:
- Upgrades to larger storage capacity
- Converting from one reagent solution to another (e.g. Anhydrous Ammonia to Ammonia Solution)
- Re-piping of site reagent supply system
- On-site dissolving (urea) or dilution installations
Reagents – France
Reagents – Italy
Reagents - Germany
Reagents - The Netherlands