Prevention is better than cure. Our YaraNutriox™ treatment is a biological process that effectively prevents the production of hydrogen sulphide (H2S). H2S is a highly toxic gas, which is highly corrosive of concrete and steel, and is characterized by a rotten egg smell. Initially developed by Yara in the late 1980s, YaraNutriox™ has been successfully used across the world.
We are the world leader in nitrogen chemistry. You can rely on the expertise of Yara as we pioneered the use of nitrates for both odor and H2S prevention. Benefit from the experience we have gained over the past 25 years working with thousands of customers to solve their septicity issues.
Today, Yara Nutriox prevents odor and H2S at more than 7,000 customer locations around the world.
How YaraNutriox works
YaraNutriox is a biological treatment that uses a specially developed mixture of nitrates. It prevents septicity and the production of H2S.
By inhibiting the formation of H2S at its source YaraNutriox:
- Prevents the rotten-egg H2S-related smells
- Reduces corrosion damage to equipment, increasing the life of your network and preventing high maintenance costs
- Minimizes health risks, by preventing the formation of H2S, a toxic, insidious and potentially fatal gas
A complete treatment
The YaraNutriox™ H2S and odor solution includes:
- On-site diagnosis to identify the source of the H2S odor problem
- Preventive treatment
- Best-in-class dynamic dosing based on proprietary, patented algorithms drawing on over 20 years of experience and research
- Remote monitoring
- Responsive technical support
- After-sales support with original spare parts
Read more about our odor and H₂S solutions