DEF for Trucks, Vans and Cars
These vehicles need Diesel Exhaust Fluid or DEF to make the catalyst work effectively. This legislation applies to the following vehicles:
- Heavy-duty trucks and buses such as large pickups, delivery trucks, recreational vehicles (RVs), and semis
- Light-duty vehicles (LCVs), such as Passenger cars and light trucks: minivans, passenger vans, pickup trucks, and sport-utility vehicles (SUVs)
- Nonroad diesel engines and equipment eg construction and agricultural equipment
- Passenger carrying vehicles (PCVs), such as buses and mini buses
If you own a car and need DEF
New cars that run with Diesel Exhaust Fluid will be pre-filled with it. Your garage will usually make sure it is topped up during a service but you can also refill with DEF when needed at the garage, the car dealer or gas station.
A dashboard warning light will alert you, so you'll know that you need more DEF. Be sure to top up before you run dry. Consult your owner's manual or check with your manufacturer for more information.
Send us an e-mail if you need more information on Yara's DEF for passenger cars in North America.
Where can I order DEF?
Yara serves distributors and fleets across all the States and Canadian provinces.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid from Yara is available at
- Forecourts of retail gas stations,
- Retail outlets
- Official distributors who also supply fuel, oil and other spare parts for commercial diesel vehicles
- Via the Mansfield DeliveryONE Network of distributors across all states under the Air1 brand
If you are a retail gas station, a retail outlet or a distributor and want to order DEF from Yara, please visit your local website.
DEF Packaging options
The rate at which you use or sell DEF will determine your purchasing options, for example:
- Which packaging option to choose to start with
- When to upgrade from small packs to bulk
Our local sales team can answer any questions about packaging and quantities. Our range includes:
- 1 and 2.5 gallon DEF bottles
- 55 gallon DEF drums
- 275 and 330 gallon DEF IBCs
- Bulk supplied by road tankers
Looking for safety data sheets (SDS)?
The safety data sheets for our products are produced in accordance with current regulations and outline the risks associated with the use of our chemicals.