Concrete Setting Accelerator
NitCal can be used without any risk to the quality of your concrete because it allows cold weather concreting, even in very severe weather, and prevents surface cracking when it's hot.
How NitCal works
NitCal concrete setting accelerator is a mixture of purified nitrate salts. It was specially developed by Yara to offer a range of advantages compared with other concrete accelerators on the market because it:
- Neutralizes the retardation of concrete setting due to use of plasticizers
- Optimizes the consumption of water and cement, when used in conjunction with a superplasticizer
- Uses hydration heat to prevent freezing and does not shift the freezing point of water
- Reduces corrosion
- Works will all common cement types (CEM I, CEM II, CEM III) as well as calcium aluminate cement
NitCal is a cost-effective solution in a wide range of concrete pouring situations.
Why choose NitCal from Yara?
|Safe and easy to handle
|Reliable deliveries to your site
|NitCal is safe to handle and cost efficient compared with alternative products. It is available in granules or liquid solutions. It is easy to handle and ship because it isn't regulated by the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) (re: Special Provision 208).
|Depending on your needs, NitCal can be shipped in bulk or in IBCs (Intermediate Bulk Containers). It can be delivered directly to your site thanks to Yara's worldwide network of 200 terminals and warehouses in over 150 countries, and you can be sure your order will get to you when required.
What's the recommended dosage for Yara NitCal as a concrete setting accelerator?
Your NitCal dosage will depend heavily on:
- How much cement is used – it is recommended that preliminary tests are carried out on your site to get the right balance for anti-freeze features
- Purposes it is being used for – dosage varies based on usage as a setting accelerator, corrosion inhibitor, or for anti-freezing or a compensate plasticizer retardation effect
Factors such as the type of cement used and the dosing method also need to be taken into consideration.
Please be aware that the "antifreeze" feature requires prior testing.
Concrete Corrosion Inhibitor
Choose a concrete setting accelerator that reduces the corrosion of reinforcements and increases durability and lifespan. This means overall life-cycle costs are lower as damage to reinforced concrete fittings through corrosion is reduced.
Looking for safety data sheets (SDS)?
The safety data sheets for our products are produced in accordance with current regulations and outline the risks associated with the use of our chemicals.